Can anyone open a Home Based Business? Well you will need a few things to open a Home Based Business. You need a PhD in Business, this is so people will think you are smart and hard working. You need billions of dollars. You need to be super creative and innovative. You need to be a friend maker with a contacts database the size of Microsoft's data centers. Last you will need to be able to turn mud into gold. Just kidding, all you need is some basic skills. Most Home Based Businesses are started by use of simple skills. I'm not going to go into details of how zoning and all the other intricate matters the city or state may place on a business. I will talk about that on a separate posting. I will just discuss the basics needed.
Adopting a life long learning attitude is a valuable skill that will make you the most successful business person in your market. Life long learning is simply always learning and updating your skills. This does not mean that you are always in a classroom but that your world is a classroom. There are different learning styles like visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. You can view the different types of learning styles on this website: Three different Learning Styles Personally my learning style is combo of Visual and Kinesthetic. There is no wrong type of learning style as long as you master using your learning style to your advantage.
The type of skill you possess does not matter just as long as you have a skill. The skill can be as small as being able to research to being able to create some complex drawing or even having good customer service skills. Some great skills that will help in starting a Home Business are writing skills, research, drawing, sewing, being able to build things like picnic tables or benches and socializing. With these skills you will be able to make a profitable Home Business. What are you good at?
Along with having great skills you will need to find mentors. There are silent mentors and mentors that you call on when you have a problem or need some advice. Silent mentors are those mentors that you learn off of without communicating with them. You just look, listen and learn. The other mentors you can find anywhere as well. They can be family members or someone that you pay to help you learn how to do solve a particular problem. Contact me for some advice or answers to questions you may have.
Anyone can open a Home Based Business including single mothers, single fathers, and entrepreneurs.
One Step: Adopt a life long learning attitude. Where can I find resources that will help me learn? Should I learn in a traditional classroom setting or through self-study?
Two Step: Discover your skills. What is it that I do best? What activities do I enjoy?
Three Step: Find a mentor. Who can be my mentor? Where can I find silent mentors?
No comments:
Post a Comment